Vision and MIssion
UNITED WAY WORLDWIDE VISION
United Way envisions a world where all individuals and families achieve their human potential through education, income stability and healthy lives.
Imagine a world that fosters hope and opportunity for everyone…
- Where all children receive a quality education that offers a pathway to a brighter tomorrow
- Where the cycle of poverty and financial dependence ends, and productive livelihoods begin for even the most disadvantaged
- Where everyone receives effective health care that improves quality of life
- Where communities not only set significant and measurable goals to advance these fundamental elements of human development, but achieve them
UNITED WAY WORLDWIDE MISSION
To improve lives by mobilizing the caring power of communities around the world to advance the common good.
To do this we will:
- Ignite a worldwide social movement, and thereby mobilize millions to action – to give, advocate and volunteer to improve the conditions in which they live
- Galvanize and connect all sector of society – individuals, businesses, non-profit organizations and governments – to create long-term social change that produces healthy, well-educated and financially-stable individuals and families
- Raise, invest and leverage billions of funds annually in philanthropic contributions to create and support innovative programs and approaches to generate sustained impact in local communities
- Hold ourselves accountable to this cause through our steadfast commitment to continually measure – in real terms – improvement in education, income and health